Rachel completed her master’s degree in Science Journalism in 2010 at Boston University and holds a bachelor’s degree in Neuroscience from the University of Rochester. A native of Sharon, Massachusetts, Rachel currently resides in Somerville, MA. She is available for freelance work in science, food, and arts writing as well as photography and music. Past work experience includes journalism, marketing, public relations, social media, and textbook publishing.
Please click on the categories at the top of the page to view work samples. Resume available upon request.
- Contributing Writer and Photographer for Eater Boston
- Actress and Assorted Behind-the-Scenes Roles for TEN, an independent horror film currently in pre-production
- Founder/Blogger at ForkItOverBoston.com
- Founder/Editor/Blogger at BostonFoodBloggers.com
- Musician at The Michael J. Epstein Memorial Library (plus appearances on other bands’ albums)
- Metro Writer at 2 Dine For Boston
- Freelance Science Writer for EBSCO Publishing
- Community Manager at Tasted Menu
- Contributing Food and Arts Blogger at CBS Boston
- Content Editor at Pixability (view blog posts about video marketing here)
- Communications Specialist at Stem Cell Program – Children’s Hospital Boston
- Associate Science Editor at Pearson Education
- Research Assistant at Cognitive Neuroscience Lab – University of Rochester Medical Center