I’m an experienced flutist and pianist, and I can also play oboe and saxophone. I’m happy to try to pick up any other instruments you throw at me. As a singer, I’m an alto. I have extensive experience accompanying vocalists on piano, and I’m an excellent sight-reader. I’ve been in pit bands, jazz bands, concert bands, wind ensembles, jazz combos, choruses, jazz choirs, rock/folk bands, and musical theater performances. I’m always open to new collaborations in live and studio settings; contact me!
- I play flute and bass flute and sing back-up vocals in a “baroque pop” band, The Michael J. Epstein Memorial Library. We released our debut album, Volume One, at a sold-out show at The Middle East (downstairs) on February 26, 2011. On the album, I play flute, piccolo, and oboe, and I sing back-up vocals. You can listen to the album streaming here. Since then, we’ve released several addition EPs, gone on a couple tours, and played at many local venues. More information here.
- I played flute, bass flute, piccolo, and oboe, and sang some back-up vocals, on the album “Not Unlike a Cage” by The Anchorite.
- I played flute and sang back-up vocals with a folk group, The Bowties. We’re currently on hiatus but recently released an EP.
- I recorded a track on flute for Mighty Tiny‘s upcoming album, due out in May 2011.
- I recorded three tracks on jazz flute with Allan Hirt at 7A West Studio in Charlestown, MA. We recorded a couple of Allan’s original tunes plus an arrangement of a Phil Collins song.